IRON DEFICIENCY & ANEMIA
Iron is crucial for proper bodily functions including all things that have to do with healthy blood and the transportation of that blood (Iron Deficiency Anemia, 2017).
Since Iron is only absorbed in fractions through your diet and intestines, your body is left wanting MORE IRON!
SIGNS & SYMTOMS
Iron-deficiency anemia symptoms can be related to decreased oxygen delivery to the entire body and may include:
- Being pale or having yellow "sallow" skin
- Unexplained fatigue or lack of energy
- Shortness of breath or chest pain, especially with activity
- Unexplained generalized weakness
- Rapid heartbeat
- Pounding or "whooshing" in the ears
- Headache, especially with activity
- Craving for ice or clay - "picophagia"
- Sore or smooth tongue
- Brittle nails or hair loss
(Iron Deficiency Anemia, 2017).
TREATING IRON DEFICIENCY
Iron Supplementation is one option that can help with Iron deficiency. Your doctor may recommend that you take iron supplements, once or several times a day to increase the iron in your body. This is the most common treatment for iron deficiency. It generally takes three to six months to replenish your iron stores (Iron-Deficiency Anemia).
TAKE THESE STEPS
To help you meet your daily recommended iron levels, your doctor may recommend that you:
- Adopt healthy lifestyle changes such as heart-healthy eating patterns.
- Increase your daily intake of iron-rich foods to help treat your iron-deficiency anemia. See Prevention strategies to learn about foods that are high in iron. It is important to know that increasing your intake of iron may not be enough to replace the iron your body normally stores but has used up.
- Increase your intake of vitamin C to help your body absorb iron.
- Avoid drinking black tea, which reduces iron absorption.
Your Guide To Anemia:
ALLERGEN FREE. VEGAN. ORGANIC. KOSHER.
All Vitamin Friends products are made in an Allergy-Free Facility. The process in which we keep this is rigorous and is a top priority for us at the factory.
We at Vitamin Friends believe you should have the knowledge behind the highest quality certifications that our manufacturing facility has sought & obtained.
We are very proud to be one of the few gummy supplement manufacturers who understand the importance of using pectin vs. gelatin in our products.
At Vitamin Friends we use as many all natural ingredients as possible. Our coloring is from fruits and vegetables, along with our flavoring. You will see ingredients such as Apple Concentrate or Carrot Juice.