CERTIFIED ALLERGEN FREE, VEGAN, ORGANIC.
100% Allergen Free : Gluten, Dairy, Egg, Nut & Fish
We know that ingredients in supplements can produce unintended reactions if they are derived from high-risk allergenic foods or get cross-contaminated with high-allergen ingredients during manufacturing. NOT ONLY are our products 100% Allergen Free…but our manufacturing facility is, too! We test every delivery of our raw materials and finished products to ensure they are verified free of allergens. The team members at our facility follow strict guidelines when on the manufacturing floor, from where and how to obtain the sanitized gear to dressing, entering and exiting, too.
Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP)
Not to be confused with our BRC Certification Body, the BRC Global Standard certification is just further proof of how seriously we take our commitment on a local, National and International level.
- The company was founded in 1996 by retailers who wanted to harmonize food safety standards across the supply chain. Today we are globally recognized across both food and non-food categories and operate the most rigorous third-party certification scheme of its type. Their message is clear, they have the most rigorous schemes and the highest trained auditors giving you the best results possible.
- BRC Global Standards is a market-leading global brand that helps build confidence in the supply chain and our Standards for Food Safety, Packaging and Packaging Materials, Storage and Distribution, Consumer Products, Agents and Brokers, and Retail set the benchmark for good manufacturing practice, and help provide assurance to customers that your products are safe, legal and of high quality.
- In 2016 BRC Global Standards was acquired by the LGC Group, the leading international life sciences measurement and testing company. This was the next stage of the strategic transition from being a standards owner to a brand and consumer protection organization with a range of products and services to help their customers deal with the challenges of producing safe, high quality products for the end consumer on a global basis.
BRC Certification Body
Our BRC Certification is a great example of our commitment to provide quality gummies on a global level.
The British Retail Consortium (BRC) is the leading trade association for UK retailing. Although the BRC food safety standard began in the UK, it is now recognized as a global standard. There are over 17,000 BRC certified sites worldwide, and a large network of BRC certification bodies in 90 countries.
The Standard provides benefits not only for the retail industry, but also for food manufacturers, importers, caterers, ingredient suppliers and the food service industry. It is currently used by suppliers in Europe, Africa, the Middle East, Asia, the Far East, North and South America and Australia. Offering this truly global standard fits perfectly with CERT ID’s worldwide certification activities, and is an international mark of excellence for the certificate holder.
Orthodox Union (Kosher)
Did you know: Of the 11.2 million Americans who buy kosher items, most who seek out kosher products buy the items for food quality (62%), general healthfulness (51%), and food safety (34%) and only 15% of those who purchase kosher products do so for religious reasons (Forbes Magazine 2013). We found these statistics intriguing! Here is some information on this very important certification for us:
- The OU (Orthodox Union), termed a “coveted seal of approval” by The New York Times, is one of the world’s best-known trademarks. Comparing it to the UL®, Forbes magazine wrote, “If you want to know your food is kosher, you can look for the Orthodox Union’s OU symbol.”
- The OU Kosher is the world’s largest and most widely recognized kosher certification agency, certifying over 800,000 products produced in more than 8,500 plants located in 100 countries around the world.
- The OU does much more than ensure the highest standards of kosher certification. OU Kosher is unique among all the major kosher certification agencies, as it is part of a non-profit communal organization (founded in 1898), so that it can maintain the highest levels of integrity without any possible conflict of interest.
With many different organic ‘labels’ out there, it was important for us to become certified with the best! We believe Oregon Tilth is one of the leaders in organic certification (right up there with USDA Organic…we’ve got that one, too!). Please read on for more on this nonprofit organization. Over the past 40 years, Oregon Tilth has led the way in organic agriculture and sustainable production methods, playing a leading role in the formation of a federal USDA National Organic Program and expanding organic sustainability beyond agriculture to textiles and other products. They believe in a holistic approach to food production and encourage producers to create organic systems that improve soils, preserve natural resources and minimize public health risks. Our work with processors, handlers and marketers of organic products ensures the organic integrity of products from the farm to the table, and everything in between. Oregon Tilth Certified Organic (OTCO), the certification program of the organization, was established in 1982 and engages in certification activities for agricultural producers, product manufacturers and other handlers of organic products. Oregon Tilth is an Accredited Certifying Agent (ACA) for the USDA’s National Organic Program. The guarantee from Oregon Tilth-CCOF: Strict production standards, inspections and legally binding contracts to protect the producers and buyers of organic products. Sending inspectors into the field to farms and production facilities, as well as tracking the paper trail from farm to trucker to supplier to producer to retailer, is part of the program.
While most of us are familiar with this symbol, have you ever looked into what makes something ‘USDA Organic’? Let us help! Here are a few key bullet points for you:
- The USDA states that the goal of organic foods and organic farming is to “integrate cultural, biological, and mechanical practices that foster cycling of resources, promote ecological balance, and conserve biodiversity.“
- Organic certification verifies that your farm or handling facility complies with the USDA organic regulations. Once you are certified, you can sell, label, and represent your products as organic. These regulations describe the specific standards required for you to use the word “organic” or the USDA organic seal on food, feed, or fiber products.
- Put simply, if you see the “USDA Organic” or “Certified Organic” seal on your food, the item must have an ingredients list and the contents should be 95% or more certified organic, meaning free of synthetic additives like pesticides, chemical fertilizers, and dyes, and must not be processed using industrial solvents, irradiation, or genetic engineering, according to the USDA. The remaining 5% may only be foods or processed with additives on an approved list.
Companies that carry the Certified Vegan Logo certification trademark on their products guarantee that each product is vegan, containing no animal ingredients or animal by-products, using no animal ingredient or by-product in the manufacturing process, and not being tested on animals.
ALLERGEN FREE. VEGAN. ORGANIC. KOSHER.
All Vitamin Friends products are made in an Allergy-Free Facility. The process in which we keep this is rigorous and is a top priority for us at the factory.
We at Vitamin Friends believe you should have the knowledge behind the highest quality certifications that our manufacturing facility has sought & obtained.
We are very proud to be one of the few gummy supplement manufacturers who understand the importance of using pectin vs. gelatin in our products.
At Vitamin Friends we use as many all natural ingredients as possible. Our coloring is from fruits and vegetables, along with our flavoring. You will see ingredients such as Apple Concentrate or Carrot Juice.