PECTIN VS. GELATIN
Why we will NEVER use Gelatin:
- Gelatin is made of skin, tendons, ligaments and bones. It is obtained through boiling and processing these parts of pigs, fish, and cattle. It’s origin can be from animals (skin, bones & cartilage).
- Gelatin sticks to teeth and can cause cavities.
- The melting point is around 95-100 degrees Fahrenheit and melts easily.
- Cheaper to produce. Not a high-quality product.
Why we will ALWAYS use Pectin:
- Pectin is derived from citrus fruit peel providing a natural source of fiber.
- Pectin does not stick to teeth. It dissolves easily not causing long term dental issues.
- Melting point is around 200 degrees. This gives pectin gummies the ability to ship during the peak of summer with no worries about melting into one giant gummy!
- Both Vegan and Vegetarian.
- Since pectin is natural it is a healthier and overall better ingredient to use for kids and families.
Be aware of what you put into your body!
THINK CLEARLY WITH COGNIZIN®
Cognizin® Citicoline is an amazing ingredient that we chose to put in our new Multivitamin, for a very good reason. With quality and functionality at the forefront of all our products, it was an easy choice to put Cognizin® in our gummies.
We are so happy to have a multivitamin with 250mg of Cognizin® Citicoline in every serving of our gummies!
WHAT IS COGNIZIN® ?
Your brain. It makes up only 2% of your body weight, yet it consumes roughly 20% of your body’s energy when at rest. That means the human brain needs a whole lot of nutrition to stay alert and focused throughout the day.
Citicoline is nature’s way of keeping the brain’s energy-producing centers firing. Clinically tested for efficacy, Cognizin® delivers a patented form of citicoline that supplies your brain with the energy it needs to stay sharp.* Cognizin is a nootropic that is pure, vegetarian and allergen-free. So look for Cognizin brand citicoline on the ingredient panel of your favorite supplements to help keep your mental edge.*
PS IS A NATURAL NUTRIENT FOR BODY & MIND
Sharp•PS® Solutions harness Phosphatidylserine (PS), a clinically proven nutrient, to support and improve mind and body performance in children and adults of all ages (1).
Phosphatidylserine (PS) is a building block of our body’s cells. It is responsible for communication between brain cells and helps preserve optimal hormonal balance (1).
Sharp•PS® Solutions harness this nutrient to support a variety of mind and body health benefits in people of all ages. Clinically proven Sharp•PS® Solutions offer superior organoleptic properties and are covered by regulatory approvals around the world (1).
WHY DO PEOPLE NEED PS?
Brain health is part of the bigger picture in our society, and for many kids that starts with academic pressure. Even at a young age schools can be very competitive, which further pushes the need for healthy brain activity.
If only there was an ingredient with clinical studies on mental performance and cognitive skills/ability improvement…oh wait, there is!
Let your kids find their inner Einstein and explore the wonders of Sharp PS® there’s a reason we put it in our Vegan Focus gummies!
RECOMMENDED DAILY DOSAGE
Based on PS intakes utilized in clinical trials and covered in the scientific and clinical literature, intake of PS by children ranged between 100 mg and 200 mg per day.
Accordingly, 100 mg/ day of PS is the minimally proven effective daily dose(1). However, for more immediate results, 4 weeks of 200 mg/day supplementation followed by 100 mg/day supplementation may be recommended.
SAFETY OF PS
Phosphatidylserine is common in daily diet and as such is deemed safe. Evidence for its safety includes many clinical studies showing safety of PS at levels of up to 800 mg/day taken daily for several months(2,3), much higher than the daily dose recommended for children of 100-200 mg/day. In children, supplementation of PS at levels of up to 200 mg/day caused no side effects and was deemed safe(5-6).
Safety of PS was also recognized by regulatory authorities, for example the American FDA, who issued a declaration stating Enzymotec’s PS to be Generally Recognized As Safe (GRAS) (4). PS is authorized as Novel Food in Europe, and approved in Australia, Canada, China and other countries.
- Crook T. Treatment of age-related decline in cognitive capacities: The effects of phosphatidylserine. In: Katz, RM, Goldman, eds. Anti-Aging Medical Therapeutics,. 1998:20-28
- Hellhammer J, Fries E, Buss C, et al. Effects of soy lecithin phosphatidic acid and phosphatidylserine complex (PAS) on the endocrine and psychological responses to mental stress. Stress. 2004;7:119-126
- Jorissen BL, Brouns F, Van Boxtel MP, et al. Safety of soy-derived phosphatidylserine in elderly people. Nutr Neurosci. 2002;5:337- 343
- GRN No. 223: GRAS notice for phosphatidylserine. 2007
- Hirayama S, Masuda Y, Rabeler R. Effect of phosphatidylserine administration on symptoms of attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder in children. AgroFOOD industry hitech. 2006;17:32-36
- Hirayama S, Terasawa K, Rabeler R, et al. The effect of phosphatidylserine administration on memory and symptoms of attentiondeficit hyperactivity disorder: a randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical trial. J Hum Nutr Diet. 2013 35. Yong T, Zhang Q, Mi M, et al. Research on human memory enhancement by phosphatidylserine fortified milk. Chongqing Medicine. 2011;40:3022-3023