PECTIN VS. GELATIN
We are very proud to be one of the few gummy supplement manufacturers who understand the importance of using pectin vs. gelatin in our products. This comes from a history with our founder’s children and their gelatin gummies sticking to their teeth and causing some major dental problems early on in their childhood. You can read more about that HERE, but we would like to educate you on the reasons behind our passion:
Why we will NEVER use Gelatin:
- Gelatin is made of skin, tendons, ligaments and bones. It is obtained through boiling and processing these parts of pigs, fish, and cattle. It’s origin can be from animals (skin, bones & cartilage).
- Gelatin sticks to teeth and can cause cavities.
- The melting point is around 95-100 degrees Fahrenheit and melts easily.
- Cheaper to produce. Not a high-quality product.
Why we will ALWAYS use Pectin:
- Pectin is derived from citrus fruit peel providing a natural source of fiber.
- Pectin does not stick to teeth. It dissolves easily not causing long term dental issues.
- Melting point is around 200 degrees. This gives pectin gummies the ability to ship during the peak of summer with no worries about melting into one giant gummy!
- Both Vegan and Vegetarian.
- Since pectin is natural it is a healthier and overall better ingredient to use for kids and families.
Be aware of what you put into your body!